At SeriaVedel, we are in a constant state of improvement because we believe the journey to sustainability is a long-term commitment.
While we want to stress the importance of sustainability, it is very important to us that we remain transparent throughout our entire brand. We will continue to be as transparent as possible as we expand our knowledge on sustainability and eco-friendliness. We will strive to become eco-friendlier every year with realistic goals.
Our current efforts include:
- Using sustainable fabrics, showing a real interest in research, and in the use of new sustainable raw materials, such as recycled yarns
- Maintaining a close to zero-waste policy; this includes reducing the amount of packaging/extra fill for consumers, using biodegradable materials, and using plantable tags and paper in order to reduce waste
- Spreading awareness among our community so that they can be more respectful of the environment
- Contributing to the social and financial development of local communities
These fabrics are sourced from two specific textiles that both promote environmental responsibility. Both companies are also STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® certified.
All of our woman’s pieces are made with sustainable fabrics that are made from waste that would otherwise pollute the Earth. The fabric used, Vita Suede, is made from ECONYL® yarn, a 100% regenerated nylon yarn derived from pre and post-industrial waste such as discarded fishing nets, carpet fluff, tulle etc.
Our men’s pieces are made with TENCEL™ Lyocell fibers which are extracted from sustainably grown wood using a unique closed loop system which recovers and reuses the solvents used, minimizing the environmental impact of production.
The tags on the clothing and thank you cards are made out of plantable paper, a biodegradable eco-paper that is made with post-consumer materials and embedded with seeds. When the paper is planted in a pot of soil, the seeds grow and the paper composts away. All that is left behind is flowers, herbs or vegetables, and no waste.
The hemp twine attaching the tags are made from 100% natural hemp. Hemp is a very strong fiber, biodegradable, and compostable. It is a sustainable crop (as compared to materials like cotton and wood for paper) and a renewable resource.
We package every product with glassine bags that are made with virgin paper and are FSC certified.
- Naturally biodegradable
- Curbside recyclable
- 100% Paper based (no silicone or poly additives or coatings)
Our mailers are made from 100% recycled material in order to help reduce waste.
- Recycled, renewable, and regenerative
- Curbside recyclable
- Compostable (all paper mailers utilize polymer-based adhesives and inks that leave small contamination in soil so recycling is preferred to composting)
- Marine biodegradable